I received a weird phone call late this afternoon. The caller calls in my officemate mobile phone and looking for me. As I answered the call, he/she/it (sorry but this person annoys me) offers me a job. He/She/It boastfully says that he/she/it is offering a huge amount as compensation, he/she/it works for a prestigious company and he/she/it is a project manager and looking people. He/She/It very pushy and being a nice and subtle individual, I asked him/her (whats the pronoun for a thing?) where did he/she/it got my number. I mentioned to him/her that he/she/it calling someone's phone. I might say "yes" to him/her because of the hefty amount of money he/she/it offers but being a rude, pushy and arrogant, I told him/her that I can't talk to him/her since it was not my phone and it is so unprofessional to talk about jobs and career using someone's phone. My point is, if you are really true enough on what's you're offering, be professional. Here are some of my "sentiments":
1. When calling someone on the phone and someone answers, you look for the person you're looking for. If the person you are looking is not the one who answers, ask if the number is his phone number. If not, apologize (and if you really need to talk to the person, ask if they know the number you are looking for) and end the call.
2. If the person answers and gave the phone to the person you are looking, ask first if he is available to talk over the phone. If he said yes, let him know the purpose of your call. If he tells you that he is not available, ask what is the best time to call.
3. If you know the number you've called was not the person you are trying to reach number, ask if its ok to get his contact number and do call back. You are not pestering just one person but two. It doesn't mean that because you are offering a job, they are hungry to grab it. Be aware that the person you might calling is more knowledgeable and earn more than your offering.
Anyway,Did you know what he/she/it reply? "So,you turning down my offer." and hung up.
...and last Number 4. Don't hung up if you are the one who are looking for information or asking for something. You might not get the real information you need.
Hahaha, Biatch! Not all are fooled and hungry for money (and I am not one of those)
Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment